Monday, March 06, 2006

Instantly transport yourself to a ridge right next to the continental divide

This is just to cool!
But let me digress for just a moment.
A few years ago, I used to live in a town outside Boulder Colorado called Niwot. There's a lot of history that goes with the name that I won't get into right here. But suffice it to say that living in the town of Niwot endeared me to the name. There's another Niwot around as well. In fact, I and a somewhat supernatural experience right at the base of the other Niwot, which is Niwot Rigdge. Again, I'm trying to not get of on to many tangents.

Anyway, I've had a few enjoyable hikes up on Niwot Ridge. I've never gotten all the way to the end of it, and I've always wondered what the view from there would be. Well, (my point, finally) I now have a way to visit the far western end of Niwot Ridge any time I want.

You see, they've got a web cam up there.

So What? I've got a webcam right here at Lazy Z Web Cam.

But this is not just any old web cam.

No.

You'll get a kick out of it. This is a fully weather proofed pan and tilt cam. This means that you an look ALL around and zoom in and out as well.

Really. Try it. Click the link. Niwot Ridge Web Cam

Thanks Niwot Ridge LTER for making this available to us all!

No comments: