Monday, June 20, 2005

[puma-news] Where was Alfalfa???

OK Here's the scoop

Wednesday afternoon, my neighbors were packing up their Subaru to go to
Steamboat Springs for a day. Alfalfa was hanging out with them. Darren
and L.J. and Thea. Darren "made sure" that Alfalfa wasn't in the garage
and drove off. BUT Alfalfa had hopped into their jeep which was in the
garage. I noticed Alfalfa wasn't home Wednesday night and Thursday morning
before I went to work. I came home and asked Matthew if he had seen
Alfalfa. He hadn't all day. So I was crying and going up and down the
hill looking for "the remains" thinking he had tangled with a bear.

Then at 9:15 PM Alfalfa came bounding up the stairs and we reunited and I
told Matthew and we all hugged Alfalfa and each other.

L.J. had gone back into the garage, just back from Steamboat Springs and
noticed a sillohette in the Jeep and Alfalfa was free and made a beeline to
me. We thought, what if they had gone for four days?! Or if she hadn't
seen his sillohette just right because he was not howling or barking. He
had already spent 35 hours in the jeep, My goodness--what an almost tragedy.

So--check your cars for dogs.

Terry

P.S. Alfalfa has the greatest bladder in the west. No "accidents" in the
car. 35 hours!!!!!

No comments: